Monday, January 19, 2009

The New Year

The New Year brings many challenges to the handmade life, I think we all know why. In my own case, I have had to cut back personally and professionally. I now have to think very carefully where my dollar goes. I no longer drop hundreds of dollars on tools to try, classes or advertising. I have to find inspiration within myself, not from the latest exciting new technique or fun tool. I have also taken up teaching, though finding an audience may be challenging. My biggest challenge, though, is not only understanding this new technology (twitter, facebook, even etsy) but using it to further my business. I am not that old, really! I have just had my thoughts in silver rather than in a computer for the last 10 years.

I hope, with the launch of this blog, my journey and my understanding begins.... stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment